Senior Java Backend Developer - Games Studio
Application Start Date: 7th February 2018
Application End Date: 9th March 2018
We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior Backend Developer to bring our games to new and exciting heights. We are seeking enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and fun individuals to join our team, and in return, we can offer you a fun and creative environment working on world leading game franchises inside of the studio.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Senior Backend Developer, you are not afraid to embrace our DevOps methodology: you promote your code to our production systems and look after it while in production. Together with your colleagues you will take a lead on creating and maintaining the back end of our casual games. As part of the development team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
* Design, architect and implement server features required to support new game functionality, platform enhancements, and releases.
* Ensure high performance, reliability, scalability and security of a game.
* Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis.
* Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team
* Comfortable working on a live game product with millions of users every day
Skills to create thrills
You have a strong passion for building backend technologies from within a game team. You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. You're excited about doing what's best for the game, and adaptable enough to work on different things as the game moves between phases.
Other skills include:
* Strong experience with Java, databases and caching
* Familiar working with UNIX environments, bash and git
* Knowledgeable about web protocols, application servers and web servers
* Able to work closely with client developers to ensure we're building the right things.
* Experience with Gradle and/or Ant build systems
* C++ knowledge, specifically interfacing from game clients to servers efficiently
* Modern web client development frameworks, eg: AngularJS, ReactJS
* Able to create high level visualizations from time series data sources
* Familiarity with testing frameworks
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.