Online games are a passion project for you and you want nothing more than to work with us in the development of our games? To be able to guarantee a disruption-free game experience, you will be responsible for the risk-oriented operation of applications based on the linux-based payment system infrastructure as DevOps Engineer. You will work in a dynamic and motivated team in which you will be responsible for technical configuration management, amongst other things. You will have the opportunity as DevOps Engineer to play a part in a friendly and passionate yet highly solution-oriented team and to shape our systems.
Tasks to inspire:
• Risk-oriented operation of applications based on the linux-based infrastructure of the payment system with a particular point of attention paid to applications and processes
• Technical configuration management and release management
• Development of sustainable strategies and rapid problem solutions (repair scripts, hotfixes, etc.)
• Definition and continued development of monitoring and supervision systems
• Coordination and communication on processes, technical problems and emergencies
• On-call availability together with other colleagues to ensure system availability
Qualifications to convince:
• Ideally, completed studies in IT and/or multiple years of experience in software development or rather, the operation of web applications.
• Sound knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
• Experience in object-oriented development of web applications, ideally in PHP5/7
• Knowledge of linux-based systems, ideally Ubuntu as well as experience with LAMP environments
• Good knowledge of SQL, preferably experience in MySQL
• Confident and adventurous use of the Shell
• Knowledge within the area of virtualisation (Vagrant, Docker, KVM, VMWare) and experience with Provisioning tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
• Focused working ability, even under the pressures of time or system disruption
• A curious nature and a willingness to get to grips with new tools and technologies, as well as to work with existing code
• Strengths in conceptual thinking, a honed analytical ability and a systematic, careful and risk-aware way of working
• Distinctive skill for communication and team-working
A company to connect:
• A position of responsibility in one of the most creative and exciting industries around
• Fantastic working environment loaded with extras (e.g. games room, massages)
• Free breakfast, lunch, drinks and fruit - every day!
• The ability to be flexible with working hours
• An enormous range of influence with millions of players in dozens of countries
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its games in more than 75 countries. Their portfolio includes a bundle of established gaming industry brands, including client-based titles such as award-winning role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe's most successful MMO, Metin2. In future, the varied offering will be expanded by action-rich Anime MMORPG SoulWorker; Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/ .