Senior UX Designer- Six Month Contract
Harnessing its global monthly reach of 200M++ players, King, a part of Activision-Blizzard, is building a world-class business to bring innovative and impactful advertising solutions to the world's biggest marketers. King is seeking a highly motivated UX Designer to take on a wide variety of challenges that span the earliest ideation phases all the way to preparing in-game advertising products for launch to a worldwide market.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will work closely with product managers as well as game artists, producers and developers, where your contribution will help define the best user flows and interaction paradigms for our players, transforming these into wireframes and prototypes that will assist the team in shaping the next generation of games at King.
It's really important that we maintain a great experience for our players who interact with our ads but also for our clients so they get the best possible exposure for their brands. As the first dedicated UX Designer in our Advertising business, you'll help shape the way the team operates and interacts with the other teams. It will provide an opportunity to build your own team going forward.
* You understand advertiser needs as well as feature design of top performing products in mobile and free-to-play games.
* You use business requirements and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases and design proposals.
* You can translate various models of player behavior into conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications and prototypes.
* You can analyze business requirements, market analysis, customer feedback, app usage data and usability study findings to create customer-focused designs.
* You develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design documents.
* You are a great communicator and collaborator
Skills to create thrills
* Commercial experience in a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
* Ability to create mockups, wireframes and prototypes of new interfaces, and evaluate them through user-testing
* Proficiency in industry standard applications such as Proto.io, Omnigraffle, Adobe Suite, etc
* Ability to create interactive prototypes
* Strong understanding of mid-core and top grossing free-to-play games
* Working knowledge of Unity, Flash preferred
* Proactive in learning and developing your skills to the next level
* Being an excellent team player with great communication and organization skills
* An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design.
* Knowledge of, and an interest in free-to-play best-practices including advertising monetization
* Exposure to the advertising industry
* Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
* Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative usability methods
* Skills in animation and VFX
* Experience working in an agile project environment
* Previous experience working on advertising products, casual and/or mobile games
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.