Finance Manager, Compensation
Kingster's in Finance are a truly commercial bunch. We focus on using our unique view into the numbers to see trends and opportunities that are developing within King and devise innovative solutions to complex problems in forecasting, accounting, compliance, and project management.
If you're a Finance professional that dreams of ripping off that corporate attire and pulling on a pair of jeans, there's an opportunity for you here.
Your role within our Kingdom
This is a really exciting time for King Finance, and we are looking for a Finance Manager focused on people, compensation and equity. Come and play a critical, high-visibility role in the finance organisation by being a key contact for all compensation and equity related calculations, accounting treatment and queries.
You'll be working with Compensation and Benefits, Legal, Tax and Treasury, and the Finance Business Partnering teams. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate, champion best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail.
* Own companywide bonus calculations, including budgeting and forecasting
* Partner with stakeholders from HR, tax, legal and the ultimate parent company in developing solutions to internal and external compensation related requests
* Provide review and written commentary input to monthly and quarterly reporting to internal business stakeholders, and the ultimate parent company
* Work directly with senior management on key compensation measures and other tasks
* Perform detailed analysis on large data sets related to compensation elements (bonus schemes, severance and restructuring plans, share based payments and equity awards), and produce written commentary for a range of audiences within finance and the wider business
* Collaborate across the four pillars of the finance team (Studios/Revenue, G&A, Marketing, and Advertising) providing support and analysis on people costs
* Understand all aspects of cash compensation and be a finance representative on monthly payment approval committee
* Research and produce memos on complex accounting matters related to compensation including FX impacts, tax considerations, and multi-entity recharge arrangements
* Calculate IFRS share-based payment expenses, and prepare relevant local statutory account disclosures
Skills to create thrills
You will have experience working within global organisations with complex, multi-currency operations. You should have a good understanding of stock based compensation, and a desire to collaborate with teams across the organisation and support them with commercial and financial decisions.
* Comfortable working with big data sets and translate results into meaningful analysis and incorporate into forecasts
* Advanced excel skills and experience building robust financial models and performing detailed analysis
* Experience in presenting commercial and financial information to both finance and non-finance teams and key stakeholders
* Excellent understanding of IFRS 2, and experience with stock option accounting and valuation
* Experience researching accounting standards and practices, and producing accounting guidance memos
* Self-motivated and comfortable working independently and in teams
* Experience working with a wide variety of team members, especially in offices overseas
* ACA qualified or international equivalent (preferred)
* Other systems experience e.g. Hyperion or similar large enterprise software
* Big 4 Audit experience is a plus
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.