Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 290 staff currently based in Sheffield. Sumo's India studio in Pune has over 60 staff and a second UK studio in Nottingham opened in March 2016, rapidly growing to a 50+ strong team with many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) , and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform) . We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform ) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
2018 will be Sumo's biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
Role and Purpose
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Talent Acquisition Manager has ownership of the recruitment function across Sumo Digital's UK and India studios, and is responsible for the development and execution of innovative talent acquisition strategies and methods to deliver the brightest talent into the business. Responsible for managing all internal and external relationships throughout the talent acquisition process to ensure consistency and best practice while maintaining focus on quality of hire. The Talent Acquisition Manager is the public face of Sumo's recruitment activities with a significant social media presence, and a speaking/representation schedule at conferences and university recruitment events. The role is full-time and based at Sumo's Sheffield headquarters.
- Ownership of Sumo's Talent Acquisition function with responsibility to continuously research, develop and implement new and innovative ways to attract talent in line with Sumo's medium and long term strategic plans
- Work closely with senior management to understand staffing needs and provide advice and guidance on all aspects of recruitment
- Management and evaluation of candidate attraction strategies and methods to drive direct applicants to the Sumo website e.g. social media, job boards, networking, event attendance and employee referrals
- Headhunting: Proactive searching of the passive candidate market and approaching selected individuals
- Agency relationship and PSL management: Building, monitoring and evaluating agency relationships; negotiation of terms
- Talent development and university liaison: Promote Sumo's sponsorship of student competitions and lead Sumo's university liaison. Partake in wider education liaison, exploring opportunities to collaborate locally and across the games industry to promote careers in games and the creative digital industries
- Employer brand development: working closely with the Marketing department to develop Sumo's recruitment message and promotion of Sumo as an employer of choice via social media, advertising campaigns, Glassdoor, events and university activities
- Mentor, coach, support and oversee the team of 2 Recruitment Coordinators responsible for the day-to-day recruitment processes and administration for the Sheffield studio
- Overseeing recruitment activity in Nottingham and Pune (India) and advising on all aspects of recruitment
- Responsibility for advising on international hires requiring relocation; liaising with immigration solicitors on complex visa and immigration matters
- Ownership of the candidate experience: Working with the Recruitment Coordinators to ensure all candidates have a positive experience with Sumo at all stages of the recruitment process, even in busy times
- Periodic analysis and ad-hoc reporting of various recruitment and retention data to drive and evaluate recruitment activities
- Production of weekly, monthly and annual recruitment reports of activity/results against budget
- Responsible for Sumo's applicant tracking system: Ongoing configuration and development of system functionality for improved internal and external processes and reporting
- Development of onboarding resources for new hires and often offering direct assistance in candidate relocations and sourcing new starter accommodation
- Writing copy for job ads, recruitment advertising literature, candidate attraction literature, onboarding and relocation advice/literature
- Keeping up to date with changing legislation that will affect recruitment; researching and advising on proposed changes to accommodate the recruitment process and approach
- Ad hoc recruitment and HR projects
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Extensive experience dealing with full cycle recruitment for highly skilled/technical/creative roles in an in-house capacity
- Direct sourcing/headhunting experience
- Experience of managing recruitment workflows via applicant tracking software
- Experience of developing social media recruitment campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, develop and implement new processes
- Ability to communicate confidently, build relationships, influence and challenge when necessary
- Ability to work proactively in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Ability to operate with diplomacy, tenacity and patience when dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm with a 'can do' attitude
- Confident presentation skills
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for Sheffield and the surrounding areas as a place to live and work
- Knowledge of the video game industry
- Experience dealing with international relocations requiring visa sponsorship
What We Offer
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays, flexitime and excellent employee benefits. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.
Please apply via the Apply Now button or click Email this job to a friend to refer someone you know.
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruitment Team on +44 (0)114 2426766.