Principal Game Designer (m/f)
We are looking for a talented Principal Game Designer to help us shape and develop the next generation of mobile casual & social games.
Your role within our Kingdom
Skills to create thrills
You are passionate about games and able to work in a flexible and fluid environment. At the pinnacle of your skills, you are comfortable being your team's game guru.
Other skills include:
* You have taken several games all the way from concept development through to delivery.
* You will have released several games, at least one on a mobile device
* You follow trends of top selling and top grossing games
* You have experience producing and maintain a game design vision
* You are skilled at evangelizing a game both internally and externally
* You are acquainted with all processes involved in the production of a game
* You have experience designing social games and game reward systems
* You're skilled at using models and tools to analyse game play and user behaviour.
* You integrate elements which allow the player to understand and learn the game
* You are familiar with psychological models concerning motivation and didactic and therefore able to create extraordinary experiences for the player
* You are able to integrate content into the game.
* You are capable of balancing complex game-systems
* You are skilled at designing user interfaces and user flows
* You have experience mentoring or coaching junior designers
Knowledge and approach:
* A detailed knowledge of the games market and current consumer expectations
* An in-depth, comprehensive knowledge of game design theory
* The ability to work as part of a team or hub in a SCRUM environment
* The ability to articulate your ideas, suggestions and to illustrate them with references
* The ability to collaborate closely with a product team including programmers, artists, sound designers
* You understand the importance of well documented designs and technical features
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Berlin
Situated in the central borough of Berlin Mitte, ours is a backdrop that's brimming with history. Culture vultures will find famous sites including Brandenburger Tor and Unter den Linden close by, along with the infamous suburb of Kreuzberg with its vintage markets and vibrant nightlife. A must-see in this melting pot of a city.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.