Game Designer GAMED01037
Vancouver, BC, CAN
We’re hiring designers! Join us in delivering titles such as Marvel: Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight.
Kabam designers are focused on making incredible experiences for millions of players (and counting!) We are looking for designers who are eager to work with some of the best IPs in the business in a studio that values intentional design thinking.
As a Kabam Designer, you see the world of gaming as so much more than a hobby. Your passion for action RPG games fosters the need to know how they're made. You find yourself dissecting the progression, monetization, and gameplay systems and are intrigued by seeing how modifications can change the way people play.
Whether you’re focused on Systems, Characters, Content or Economies, our Design team continually iterates on a design process, solving interesting problems using intention based design with a holistic approach.
As a Designer, you will:
- Act as an owner;
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Develop documents, write scripts and identify system needs that are able to deliver the best game experience in line with overarching vision
- Collaborate with an awesome, multi-disciplinary team to create compelling player experiences;
- Design rules and parameters for features and systems, implement and tune game systems, economies, and progression lines
- Communicate design functionality and vision
- Level-up our Design presence that is felt studio-wide;
- Exercise production skills to set and deliver on priorities
- Take a holistic approach to design rules and experiences with input and consideration from a multi-faceted team of contributors, including Live Operations, UX, Art disciplines
- Combine passion, skill and expertise to continually raise the design bar.
Your background includes:
- Experience designing systems, characters and/or economies on at least one shipped title
- Intellectual curiosity and logical thinking
- Rock-solid organizational and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Bonus if you have raw technical skills including;
- Scripting experience
- Strong math skills
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- A hunger for new, different and exciting design challenges
Interested? Tell us what you’re looking for - in your application, tell us what type of design you’re excited by - what games have influenced you?
Apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.