Engineering Management VPENG01039
Vancouver, BC, CAN
You are a veteran engineer with a deep knowledge of client and backend systems. You love building and operating games with great teams – this energizes you. You are excited by building great games and often exercise your strong leadership by mentoring others.
Sound like a match? At Kabam, we build and operate some of the most beloved games in the world such as Marvel Contest of Champions and our recently released Transformers Forged to Fight - 2017 Google Play Awards Winner for "Best Game". And we’re looking for someone like you to join us as VP, Engineering. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
As the leader of our Engineering Organization, you will contribute by:
- Championing solid engineering practices across the organization with a deep focus on growing the next set of leaders in the company
- Identifying people and process changes to remove bottlenecks and improve scalability and efficiency in the organization
- Identifying patterns and technologies that can solve problems between multiple game teams and studios
- Mentoring senior leaders of the organization.
- Possessing strong understanding of business fundamentals and can translate business goals to technology goals and initiatives
- Using knowledge of operating services at scale and applying proper service level metrics to drive product development
- Demonstrating strong technical knowledge of distributed systems and mobile app development
- Building long term technology strategies to sustain technology health
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in...
Your background includes:
- 10+ years programming on successful games including 6+ years of experience in leading successful engineering teams
- Deep full-stack knowledge of client, server, tools, and internet technologies
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate people to overcome challenges in fast paced, ever changing environment
- Driven and entrepreneurial, yet open and approachable
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever needs to be done to make this a great place to work
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.