Technical Artist - Rigger
Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects, and we’re growing in the process! With three unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, passionate and dedicated professionals to work with us on the next generation of video gaming.
We are looking for an experienced Tech Artist that specializes in rigging and technical animation to work on our high profile unannounced project. The ideal candidate will play a significant role in establishing and maintaining the production pipelines and also be organized and flexible to work collaboratively with the Animation, Design, and Development teams to help bring our new story and characters alive.
This position focuses on the development of facial animation rigs and rigs for secondary animations that may involve in-game physics for cloth and ragdoll. You will also help the Character and Animation teams with rigs and tools to bring a variety of human, humanoid, and multi-legged creatures to life. If you are a Capcom fan and are passionate and driven to attention to detail, we will like to hear from you!
- Take ownership and learn existing tools and processes to support and train Gameplay, Animation, Character and Creature, and Cinematics and improve effectiveness and best practices.
- Build rigs, own the skinning of a variety of characters and creatures, write tools and procedural rigging systems that support animators and runtime engine requirements while also integrating performance captures.
- Eliminate technical obstacles from the animation team's day-to-day workflows.
- Take charge in mocap sessions with actors and animators to ensure all steps go smoothly.
- Proactively identify and evaluate new technologies and techniques that will improve the quality of the animation and/or game cinematics for the studio.
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering to develop tools, procedures and motion blending systems.
- Troubleshoot and fix content and pipeline bugs as they arise.
- Collaborate with character art teams to raise run-time art content quality and efficiency in engine like writing tools and supporting them during production.
- Establish guidelines and write process documents for art content creation.
- Create and maintain documentation for the tools used in art content creation and train and enforce the teams to be more effective.
- 5+ years overall experience of which 3 years have been spent in a video game development environment.
- Extensive experience rigging and skinning a variety of characters and props, including complex facial animation systems and weapon rigs.
- In-depth knowledge of Maya, and strong scripting/programming skills in Python/PyMel to automate processes and help our art teams.
- Solid problem solver, able to devise creative, efficient and user-friendly solutions for a wide variety of technical challenges.
- Excellent knowledge of 3D animation tools (Motion Builder) with a clear understanding of animation workflows, tasks, objectives and challenges
- Familiarity with motion capture data, motion planning, and animation retargeting
- Proven ability to communicate and work well with both animation and engineering teams.
- Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills.
- Works well under deadlines and deliver requests with a quick turn-around time.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
About Capcom Vancouver
Located in Vancouver, Canada in a brand new facility conveniently located in the hub of North Burnaby, Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects with a passion in story-telling and content pushing boundaries.
And we’re growing in the process! With three unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, energetic, and dedicated professionals to work with us on our next franchise Triple A title.