With a constantly growing player base and platform, our MySQL databases are at the very core of our product, and need continuous monitoring, tuning, updating, and performance enhancements to keep our platform snappy and our response times low. We are currently looking for a driven, team-focused database ninja with experience managing and administrating MySQL clusters to join our DevOps team.
Who are you
- You have experience in designing and managing highly available database architectures at large scale with high (and constantly growing) transaction rates.
- You're an expert in MySQL Database Administration, including InnoDB, MyIsam, Percona Toolkit, XtraBackup and supporting tooling
- You speak SQL as well as English and are capable of optimising (or help optimising) clients to perform better
- You possess deep knowledge of database principles, best practices, and endorse a proactive mindset to constantly improve
- You're a person who can design and operate of highly available and highly performing data layers
- You're proficient in bash, python, erl or other scripting language. You are familiar with automation, orchestration and configuration management tooling such as Saltstack and Ansible.
As a DBA at Casumo you will
- Focus on continuous monitoring, proactive management and design of database architecture to deliver efficient, reliable, high availability services across a variety of providers, on-premise, virtualized, bare metal and AWS.
- Maintain, and write automation and tooling to support the large system infrastructures, using data to drive decisions.
- Lead, as well as assist in the design, implementation, commissioning, tuning, maintenance, and enhancement of our systems in a fast paced customer facing production environment.
- Work in the DevOps team providing support for all the systems in our development, test, staging and production environments.
- Constantly monitor performance and trends, both server side and client side, to understand performance baselines, establish performance benchmarks, and assist in tuning the server, as well as optimise the requests from the microservices.