Who are we looking for
Casumo is moving forward at a fast pace and the data we are processing is growing in size and variety each day. We are looking for colleagues who are eager to jump onto a moving wagon and work on interesting challenges, supporting our growing mission as things change and evolve on a daily basis.
Being a data engineer in Casumo means being part of a highly self-organized team, distributed across five European countries.
Although dispersed, our data team is keeping things tight - your tasks would be to work on third party integrations, consume information coming from a number of in-house data sources, provide engineering services to our data scientists and marketeers, deal with the challenges of our distributed systems, but above all, take care of the stability and performance of our data platform.
Who are you?
Since we are highly distributed geographically, you need to be a strong communicator, self-driven and self-motivated.
We are looking for autonomous people, but our team comes before our singularities - you should be a team player but able to drive your own initiatives and manage your workload.
You should also be prepared to work in the geekiest team in the company (with the best sense of humour).
Your background, ideally? Hadoop, Spark, AWS developer, batch processing, API integrations, SQL expert, data transformations and data heavy lifting, in general.
- Strong skills in either Java, Scala, Python, Bash, SQL but familiar with all of them
- Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, Hive, and data warehousing in general.
- Broad knowledge of AWS cloud computing services (EMR, Data Pipelines, Redshift, ...)
- Experience in real-time processing or a big interest in it
- Take care of the small details in order to make the big picture more beautiful
- Have a desire to take full ownership of features and code, from inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance and keeping it running
- Appreciate the concepts and principles underlying open-source culture and good software development
- A person who loves to play with code and tools, understands the need of quality and cares about it