Position at Amplitude Studios
Amplitude is a team of experienced video game lovers (and developers) with a single goal: Create the best strategy games with the players' help!
Based in Paris, our studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world on major AAA titles. Since Amplitude's creation in 2011, we have released Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless and Endless Legend, all set in the same Endless Universe and all critically acclaimed.
We have a very special working method based on an open crowdsourced development process called Games2Gether. This platform enables the community to participate in the creation of our video games from the early stages of development. Today, this methodology enables us to fulfill the expectations of our players while earning international recognition for the quality of our productions.
We are looking for a Tools Programmer to contribute to our upcoming title Endless Space 2 as well as our new projects. More specifically, under the supervision of the Technical Director and in collaboration with the dev and design teams, you will help structure and implement new tools and enhance existing ones, considering their needs.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with both programmers and game designers to assess the needs for tools
- Translating these into ergonomic, intelligible tool designs, which are harmonized, coherent with the game's vision, and using a set of internal tools developed using a shared (Amplitude-wide) Framework
- Creating easy-to-use tools which allow for seamless and quick iteration on the game
- Gathering the team's feedback and continuously maintaining, improving and debugging tools
Required experience & skills
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Video Games
- 2+ years of experience in the video game industry in a similar or relevant position
- Sharp understanding of Game Designers' needs and ability to translate them in effective, user-friendly tools
- Excellent C# ability, Unity working knowledge
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (game designers, producers, programmers…)
- Responsible & creative
- Fully fluent in English