Senior Technical Project Manager
Salary: Market Rate
Application Start Date: 9th January 2018
Application End Date: 8h February 2018
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Project Manager to develop and deliver/evolve a wide range of programs and processes to support Software Engineering excellence at King. You will be empowered to partner with the Senior Director of Engineering (global), Technical Directors and other technical leaders across the global organization to deliver on priorities within the global Engineering function and support continuous evaluation and improvement in the areas of People, Process and Tools.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Engineering, you will lead or support discussions with senior technical leaders to identify quarterly priorities, scope projects, develop clear project goals, project briefs and plans, drive and track tasks and deliverables, measure and communicate results as well as conduct retrospectives. This will include managing both existing as well as identifying, developing and delivering new projects and programs. You will organize and help lead key meetings and forums with technical leadership, organizing meeting agenda and logistics as well as collate and communicate conclusions, decisions and actions.
You will work in close partnership with the Senior Director, Engineering however will be expected to work independently most of the time with senior leadership and stakeholders, leading project and program teams with a wide range of seniority, roles and backgrounds.
You thrive on diverse challenges and enjoy continually changing altitude from leading project based discussions with senior leadership to managing the details of day to day project execution.
Your Role Within Our Kingdom
* Lead and/or support Senior Director with discussions relating to functional strategy, priorities, project planning and problem solving with senior technical leadership and other relevant stakeholders, documenting and communicating outcomes & next steps
* Proactively look for new opportunities to develop Engineering excellence, looking for patterns in concerns, issues and opportunities within the discipline
* Create project briefs where necessary (goals, outcomes, scope, stakeholders, measurements etc), plan (schedule, tasks, milestones, contributors) and align with stakeholders
* Drive project execution and delivery, following up with participants, tracking progress and risks, solving issues, following through on measurements of success and conducting retrospectives where relevant
* Lead both Engineering specific projects/programs as well as common cross craft projects in some cases
* Drive and/or manage ongoing BAU activities within Engineering including conferences and offsites, global learning and development priorities, recruiting & staffing support, promo calibrations etc, partnering closely with HR/L&OD where needed.
* Organize processes that make improvements to for example the...
* Bi-annual Principal promotion process.
* Open Source Approval process.
* Technical Quality Improvement process.
* Structure, content and deprecation process for our information sharing systems.
* Development Role Expectations.
* + whatever new programmes that you build out.
* Drive and/or support creation, improvement and management of knowledge and information sharing processes and channels
Skills to Create Thrills
* Strong project management skills with proven experience delivering projects on time and to spec.
* Thorough knowledge of program/project management processes and best practices
* Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Structured project development, launch & management in a senior stakeholder environment.
* A disciplined approach to long-term program support, metrics & documentation as a way of shaping team culture.
* Ability to work independently and to reach productive, tactical decisions based on strategic guidance, raising concerns that cannot be rectified at implementation level.
* Ability to steer to consensus, balancing between stakeholder approval and forward momentum
* A software development background.
* A software project management background, as a project owner, scrum master or other agile function, with awareness of tools and processes to move teams forward to a shared goal.
* Exceptional spreadsheet & Powerpoint skills.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heros
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English!