King has one of the world's largest player networks, thanks to its amazing games like Candy Crush Saga, Farm Heroes Saga, Bubble Witch Saga and many more. Within King, the Player Kingdom\" team designs and builds experiences for this vast network through account, virality and navigation features, as well as cross-channel promotional campaigns. Our goal is simple: we strive to make the experience surrounding King's games as compelling, emotional and human-centric as the games themselves. To achieve this goal, we need you, a seasoned UX Director."
Your Role Within our Kingdom
If you want to define and design entertaining and delightful player experiences for our in-game, direct and player-to-player communications to a network of hundreds of millions of casual game players across the globe, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
You will define and drive the strategy for the in-game social part of our games (virality and player community features) and lead the teams building these features to drive millions of installs and increase engagement across our player base.
In addition, you will be in charge of designing best-in-class experiences and player flows for in-game cross-promotions (tens of millions of installs per year), cross-game navigation (hundreds of million monthly players), direct messaging (more than a billion messages per month) and other innovative activities.
Your focus will be on ensuring all King-to-player and player-to-player contacts create moments of magic\" for the player. We are looking for someone who will be able to add \"gamification\" to best practise CRM and virality.
You will lead the product owners building our viral and social capabilities and design & content for all CRM channels to maximize player delight and engagement (i.e. responsive design, social mechanics, email structure, etc.). You will work with the CRM Operations Directors and their teams to help them maximize engagement and response through your design expertise. You will work with the Contact Strategy Director and the games teams to help them define new, innovative and impactful ways to interact with our players.
As part of the Player Kingdom team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your leadership and ideas will be as valued as your marketing and channels expertise.
* Define and deliver the virality and player community strategy for our games
* Engage and delight our players through best-in-class user experience for our in-game and campaign experiences
* Be accountable for creating features driving millions of installs and materially increased engagement; as well as improving the efficiency of our existing channels
* Work with game teams to extend their game universe through our contact strategy and integrate our contact strategy designs within the games
* Work with our technical teams to guide the implementation of user experiences
* Be part of the CRM Strategy definition to implement new, innovative and impactful ways to engage with our players
* Lead copy-writer(s), email designer(s), producers and their teams
* Recruit world-class talent
* Work with our Brand Creative Studio to drive graphical asset creation to support your designs
* Ultimately, and with the rest of the CRM team, help our players discover new games, overcome challenges, interact with their friends and re-engage with us
* Join King's company-wide UX leadership team, helping to champion and perfect an innovative, player-centric design philosophy and process across the organization.
This position reports to the Vice President (VP) of Player Kingdom."
Skills to Create Thrills
* You have great passion for games and experience in direct to consumer marketing.
* You are a great leader that motivates and engages his team.
* You are customer centric and think first through the eyes of the customers you are designing experiences for.
* You are fanatic about quality and delivering an exceptional experience.
* You have exceptional talent in designing delightful and impactful experiences and user flows.
* You have extensive experience of working within a consumer/ internet business with a substantial customer base, and broad set of products or services. Past gaming experience a significant plus.
* You have games and/or CRM and retention expertise, with in-depth knowledge in UX design and optimization; you will have experience leading features development
* You will be able to lead, mentor and motivate your team, and influence others who do not report directly to you.
* King is an extremely international business (there are Candy Crush Saga players in Antarctica!) - so candidates with strong international experience are desirable.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
King in Barcelona
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Application needs to be in English.