We are looking for a deconstruction specialist to multiply the amount of deconstructions and related design insights we share within the King community.
Your Role Within our Kingdom
If you are passionate about breaking down games in a structured way and you are keen to make that happen at scale within one of the biggest mobile gaming companies in the world, this is the right job for you. You will be part of a small Stockholm based team focused on developing techniques for metagame design. Your main responsibilities will be:
* Develop tools and techniques to analyse game design
* Keep the right prioritization for the deconstructions pipeline, based on input from several stakeholders, including the market insights team, management, Studio Design Directors and the central design team
* Liaise with design teams in King studios to ensure a steady amount of volunteers for deconstructions
* Hire and manage temporary staff for ad hoc deconstructions
* Keep in touch with designers working on deconstructions to support them, help them adopt best practices and ensure delivery
* Ultimately ensure studios across King are satisfied with the frequency and quality of the deconstructions
Skills to Create Thrills
* Passionate about games and about deconstructions in particular. Skilled in analysing games and seeing how game mechanics relate to player motivation.
* The wide amount of games you have played allows for you to easily come up with references and examples of similar games.
* Ability to clearly document game design concepts and articulate them effectively to stakeholders at all levels
* A structured and orderly person, you have experience in project management. Prince 2 (or equivalent) qualification a plus
* Expertise in managing external contractors a plus
* You are able to work in a flexible and fluid environment where your role will evolve in line with the ongoing plans for development within King.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heros
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life.
Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
And that's it.
King in Stockholm
The location of our first studio and the birthplace of Candy Crush Saga, Stockholm - with all its urban delights and open spaces - holds a special place in our hearts. Built over 14 islands, it's one of the world's most unique and beautiful capital cities. With King based right in the centre, it'll yours to enjoy and explore.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com.
All applications should be made in English..