Economy Design Director
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Economy Design Director to lead the development of King's game economy design techniques. If you are true specialist in game economy and you want to champion the development of this craft in a company with a very wide variety of games in development, this is the right job for you.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be part of a small Stockholm based team focused on developing metagame design techniques to support the development of new freemium games. Your main responsibilities will include:
* Lead the development and refinement of King's tools, processes and best practices in economy design. This includes, amongst other things, the definition of a common language to analyse and discuss game economies as well as refining the best practices around running a game economy project.
* Deepen King's understanding of target game genres by analysing and simulating economies, garnering key insights on how different mechanics provide different players experiences and monetization potential. Share those insights with key game teams and King's game design community.
* Support Senior Creative leaders on some key games projects in first person when needed.
* Coach and develop our international community of game balancers and economy designers.
* Be on top of industry trends and the competitor landscape to evolve our thinking and become industry leader.
Skills to Create Thrills
* Passionate about games and game economies in particular.
* Significant experience in building and balancing game economies.
* Worked on games in development as well as live games.
* Highly analytical, excellent modelling skills, masterful understanding of complex systems, good statistical skills.
* Skilled at building models and tools to simulate and analyse game economy and player behaviour. Proficient with some scripting or programming language (Python a plus).
* Able to clearly document game economy concepts and articulate them effectively to stakeholders at all levels.
* You have proven successful experience in influencing people who do not directly report to you.
* You are a team player, comfortable working with designers and business performance professionals from a wide range of backgrounds.
* You are able to work in a flexible and fluid environment where your role will evolve in line with the ongoing plans for development within King.
Some travel might be required
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great.
We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life.
Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
And that's it.
King in Stockholm
The location of our first studio and the birthplace of Candy Crush Saga, Stockholm - with all its urban delights and open spaces - holds a special place in our hearts. Built over 14 islands, it's one of the world's most unique and beautiful capital cities. With King based right in the centre, it'll yours to enjoy and explore.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.