Senior Java Backend Engineer - Streaming Platform
We are looking for a Senior Java Backend Engineer to join King Stockholm Streaming Platform team.
Your role within our Kingdom
Your role supports the company in taking real-time actions that optimize our 200+ games for hundreds millions of players using cutting edge technologies.
You will also face the challenge of tackling very big and fast data - over 40 billion events received from the games every single day, processed in real-time.
You will work closely with fellow data engineers, business intelligence developers, data scientists, business performance managers/directors and game developers across all our game studios.
You will among other things:
* Develop, maintain and operate our large scale real-time analytics platform in a team of highly skilled engineers
* Improve and automate monitoring and operational processes for our systems
* Research and prototype new backend solutions for data processing, analytics and storage
* Turn ad-hoc data science solutions into efficient, scalable models and applications
* Understand the business context of user requirements and choose the technology and solutions best suited for the purpose.
* Work together with fellow engineers from different teams on joint projects in King analytical space.
* Promote team's products to a broad audience of both technical and non-technical backgrounds and support/ educate users.
Skills to create thrills
* Deep understanding of Java and object oriented design patterns
* Experience with stream processing technologies: Kafka, Storm, Flink or similar
* Experience with Hadoop technologies: HDFS, Yarn, Hive
* Experience working in UNIX environments
* Eagerness to learn and deliver world class services
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.