Art Director - Candy Crush Soda
King is looking for an exceptionally skilled Art Director to join our Candy Crush Soda family in Stockholm! Birthplace of Candy Crush Saga, Soda and Jelly and home to some of our exciting new projects, our Stockholm studio is a dynamic, creative hub. As Art Director, you will be a champion for art, working within a passionate team to create magical moments for millions of people.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a confident art leader, who coaches your team towards excellence, you will have a thorough knowledge of what good art looks like and can drive your vision forward. As the spokesperson for Art you will also have a close collaboration with producers, game designers, developers, business performance, player insight and of course brand. With an innovative spirit, you will contribute beyond the assigned tasks and actively seek new opportunities to add value to your game and to King. Responsibilities include:
* Define, communicate and champion the games visual style ensuring its aligned with the target demographic and product goals
* Ensure a consistent art style across all areas of the product at all times
* Set the expectation of the highest levels of quality for all areas of art
* Make sure that all art is delivered to the game in accordance to the technical requirements of the project
* Promote a safe environment for open critique and feedback within the team
* Embed coaching, mentoring and knowledge sharing into the daily team activities
* Partner with Producers and/or Scrum Masters to define and prioritise tasks
* Support the creative and professional development of the Artists
* Facilitate a red carpet experience when introducing new Artists into the team
* Assist with the Artist performance review process and work closely with the Studio Art Director to support a healthy and productive art department
Skills to create thrills
You will be an established Artist and Art Director with demonstrable experience in the fundamental artistic and art-leadership principles. You will also bring:
* Great skills and experience in Art Direction with the ability to define, communicate and champion an Artistic vision
* Demonstrable experience in high quality visual decision-making and problem solving
* Experienced in creating Moodboards, Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
* A full understanding of all areas of game art and proven track record of successfully leading a team to deliver high quality art & animations in line with project style and goals
* Experience as people manager and an understanding of the mix of competencies you need in your team to excel and drive great performance
* Experience and passion for coaching, developing and leading artists
* Strong communication and organizational skills, you feel at home with project planning
* An advanced level of proficiency with industry standard 2d & 3d software
* Experience in developing software within an Agile environment
* Experience of creating casual, mobile, browser based and/or Facebook games
* Experience in UI and UX design
An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required!
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Stockholm
The location of our first studio and the birthplace of Candy Crush Saga, Stockholm - with all its urban delights and open spaces - holds a special place in our hearts. Built over 14 islands, it's one of the world's most unique and beautiful capital cities. With King based right in the centre, it'll yours to enjoy and explore.
Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.