Technical Director Ads
King is looking for an exceptional Technical Director to lead our growing Ads team. In this role, your team will be delivering the shared technology our business uses to sell & manage ad units in our games, as well as delivering the technology our game teams use show, reward and manage the ad experience in our games.
King has more impressions than any other mobile game maker and you will be delivering technology to make this a success.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will lead a highly experienced team, so you need to be an outstanding technical expert and have a fantastic sense of how to develop people.
You will work to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of our development pipeline, our people and our process.
Expected core activities;
* Technical accountability Own technical accountability for the architecture & development team and represent these to stakeholders. With technical partners, articulate and drive technical decisions inside the team and with stakeholders.
* Work with the King technology stack in mind, collaborating with the other engineering Directors on the greater good.
* Work closely with other shared technology teams to create and mature evolving systems.
* Champion modern development practices: Code reviews, pair programming, high quality code-base, test automation, refactoring and sustainable management of technical debt.
* Evaluate, understand and make decisions on 3rd party technology choices. Development process Establish, experiment with and lead processes that create the right architecture & technical vision.
* Align the technical team with development expectations throughout King, ensuring that roles & responsibilities are clear.
* Work with Project Managers and Product Owners across the King-wide spectrum to create advantageous outcomes for King's Ad product.
* People Lead & coach the technical team to ensure the right capability & culture exists to meet King's standards.
* Ensure the technical team grows internal capability but seize opportunities to introduce external Ads technical expertise.
* Own salary, recruitment and performance for the team. Ensure there is space and scope for the team to grow and innovate.
* Stakeholder management Maintain ongoing, productive engagements with Ad customer stakeholders, both technical and otherwise.
* Shield the technical team from unscheduled interruptions.
Skills to create thrills
* Experience shipping ad technology across multiple platforms.
* Strong knowledge in mobile platforms.
* Strong experience in running and constantly improving technology already in use.
* Excellent communication and leadership skills with experience in leading cross-functional development teams and inter-department tech communication.
* Superb analysis and problem-solving skills.
* Experience in working with a portfolio of projects and/or games Ability to steer to consensus, balancing between stakeholder approval and forward momentum.
* A software development background.
* A software project management background, as a project owner, scrum master or other agile function, with awareness of tools and processes to move teams forward to a shared goal.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great.
We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun.
Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life.
If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com.
All applications should be made in English.