Sr Community Manager
The Community Manager is a highly visible and crucial communications role that connects our games with our player communities. A successful candidate for this role will be able to leverage games expertise and influencer content planning to drive player relationships, engagement, and growth of our community base.
This important role will partner closely with studio and other cross-functional teams around the world to ensure a consistent, high quality player experience inside and outside of our games. This role will also recruit, manage, and maintain close relationships with highly engaged players around the world.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you love playing games of all types, have the proven ability and passion to grow online communities from scratch, as well as interfacing with internal teams within a matrixed organization, then this is the job for you!
We are looking for an exceptional and experienced community manager who can connect, engage and grow passionate online communities for our games. You will be responsible for facilitating conversation, connecting with our players on a 1:1 basis, managing content creation and scheduling, as well as reporting on sentiment trends to our game teams. You will work in our fantastic London office, working side by side with our marketing and brand teams.
* Be the voice of the community, maintain a tight two-way dialogue between players, studios, and stakeholders. This position will primarily work on a brand-new IP.
* Develop a community contact, engagement and influencer plan.
* Oversee the moderation of official channels such as the forums, social media, and/or websites.
* Drive communications around game and live service issues: Bugs, Cheats, Outages and Support Issues.
* Build close relationships between King, top influencers, elite fans, and everyday players.
* Maintain a positive community reputation.
* Utilize the game's brand voice and maintain its accurate implementation and usage across a variety of community channels. Plan and schedule community activities and influencer events, both in and out of game.
* Conduct surveys, research, and feedback from the community on issues significantly impacting the experience.
* Ensure all King standards, policies, and processes are observed and followed.
* Coordinate and share with other King Community Managers on engagement best practices, standards, and innovations.
* Regularly deliver Community reports on channel metrics, fan feedback, game issues, or service risks.
* Work closely with Customer Support and Live Service teams on overall player experience, especially around key beats such as betas, early access, launch and live service updates.
* Manage the live service escalation processes for communications with all game stakeholders.
Skills to create thrills
You have a great passion for midcore videogames, and find all aspects of marketing fascinating, especially social media. You fully understand how all the different pillars of marketing work together to deliver a unique experience for our players, and appreciate being part of something bigger. You are highly creative but also enjoy using a mix of strategy, intuition and data analysis in your day to day work.
* Passion and deep experience playing pc, console and mobile games a must, with online mmorpg or multiplayer experience beneficial.
* Proven experience working in online communities, social media, online marketing, or equivalent.
* Demonstrated writing, grammar, and content-creation skills (samples required).
* Strong knowledge of best practices for operating social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit etc.).
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
* Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively.
* An aggressive, self-motivated, detail-oriented team player and quality driven.
* Has strong problem solving skills.
* Must be able to keep focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects.
* Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations.
* Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Development.
* University Degree in Communications or Marketing a plus. Significant Licensor, Live Service, or Operations experience also a plus.
This role is based in our London games studio, but frequent travel is required.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.