Senior Technical Artist
It is a very exciting time at King and we're looking for two talented Mid / Senior Technical Artists to join our team.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will work closely with Artists, Producers, Game Designers and Developers, as part of an experienced team. Where both your technical skills and creative vision will help shape the next generation of King games.
You will also be part of the wider Technical Art Community at King, a unique environment where we share and support each other to achieve our full potential. If you want to work in small dynamic teams and still have access to a strong network of like-minded friends, we could offer you a fantastic opportunity for growth.
Skills to create thrills
* Excellent knowledge of one major 3D software packages (Maya preferred).
* Excellent knowledge of 2D creation software (Photoshop).
* Good knowledge of game engine workflows, and an understanding of graphics, rendering.
* Strong scripting ability (e.g. Python).
* Proven track record of both artistic and technical creativity, with a passion for solving problems.
* Understanding of how to optimise games content for memory, and performance Passion, and drive to push visual quality or streamline workflows.
* Experience in creating various game content (animations/modelling/etc).
* A proactive communicator, willing to give and receive constructive feedback.
* Experience with Unity3D, Corona or Unreal Mobile.
* Understanding of GLSL or similar shading language.
* Experience of extending 2D software (Photoshop) via scripting.
* You have shipped a mobile game in the past.
* Experienced in working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
* Understanding of Adobe Flash Good Knowledge of typical development languages (C++).
* Good knowledge of mathematics and physics (vector calculus, linear algebra)
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in London
Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it's no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.