Senior Frontend Developer
We're looking for a frontend developer with a passion for development and new technology.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to create amazing user experiences using the latest frontend technologies, then this is the right job for you. You will be part of a highly competent team of frontend developers in the creation of large scale systems, not only delivering high quality and well-structured code but doing so with a user's point of view. We know that the continued success of King depends on preserving the amazing culture we have, so 'fit' is extremely important. We work in small, collaborative Agile teams where everyone is involved in coming up with great features and ownership of the outcome is key. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do, our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are obsessed with creating the best player experience.
Skills to create thrills
* Have knowledge of ES6.
* Focused on usability, maintainability and quality, building for the long term.
* Structured and analytical.
* A comfortable people person, able to make non-technical users feel at ease
* Able to see a user experience from the user's point of view, and craft UIs to make their lives easier.
* Knowledgeable about web protocols, application servers and web servers.
* Striving to be the best in your area of expertise, no compromises.
* A curious and fast learner who keeps up to date with changing technologies
* Motivated by challenges and new opportunities.
* Used to Unit Test, UNIX environments, Git.
* A team player that likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
* Fluent in English.
* Have experience working with React and/or Angular.
* Knowledge of ES7+ and TypeScript
* Has worked with CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS, CSS modules)
* Experienced working with frontend build tools like Webpack, NPM scripts.
* Have played and enjoyed any of our games.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.