Visual Development Artist Intern
Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Visual Development Artist Intern to join our growing team for our summer internship. You will work closely with our Visual Development Artists and Art Directors to create world class concept art and to continue your growth as an artist. , You will learn how concept art helps inspires and provides service to the other artists of our games. We are looking for highly skilled and passionate artists who enjoy collaborating with others.
As a Visual Development Artist Intern you will be expected to:
Collaborate with Visual Development team on exploring & creating artwork from generating rough concepts to exploring new designs;
* Assist with visually exploring and designing aspects of assigned projects.
Skills to create thrills
* Exceptional understanding of art fundamentals (illustration, figurative drawing, perspective, design, and colour;
* A creative person with the ability to generate a lot of ideas;
* A Self-motivated artist who is dedicated to learning
* The ability to create appealing characters and environments;
* Skills in using Adobe CS package;
* Degree or pursuing a degree in Game Art, Animation, Illustration or equivalent;
* Good communication and organizational skills.
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required. Please provide a link to your online Portfolio or attach a PDF to your application.
* Understanding of the fundamentals of graphic design and typography;
* Previous experience from creating casual and/or Facebook games.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in London
Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it's no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Want to join our Kingdom?
This is a paid internship is due to start in June 2018. Your application should be made in English.
Please include your obtained/predicted grades on your CV and attach a copy of your portfolio or link where we can find it.
The application deadline for this role is extended to Wednesday 20 December 2017, Apply now!