Level Design Intern (m/f)
We are looking for a talented intern to join our Level Design team!
Deadline for applications has been extended to 20th December 2017.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to create amazing user experiences and entertainment for millions of players to enjoy on the go then this is the right internship for you. Together with the team you will
* Create interesting challenges for our huge player base
* Help us continually improve and refine the game experience
* Contribute to the ongoing, evolving design of the game
Skills to create thrills
This is a great opportunity to learn how King make games for millions of players. We are looking for someone with:
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* A genuine passion for making casual games
* High levels of self-organisation and self-motivation
* The ability to blend creativity with methodical testing and balancing
* Demonstrable hunger and desire to break into the games industry
The following experience would be highly desirable, but not essential:
* Pursuing or recently completed a Gaming degree. Other relevant subjects for this role include Art/ Design, Computer Science or Maths
* Experience using level editors and/or game creation tools
* Levels created in a level editor (2D or 3D)
* Ability to analyse / work with data
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Berlin
Situated in the central borough of Berlin Mitte, ours is a backdrop that's brimming with history. Culture vultures will find famous sites including Brandenburger Tor and Unter den Linden close by, along with the infamous suburb of Kreuzberg with its vintage markets and vibrant nightlife. A must-see in this melting pot of a city.
Your application must be in English.
This will be a 3-6 month paid internship starting in June. (Latest completion of degree fall 2016).
Apply now! Don't forget to include a link to your portfolio.