Data Scientist Intern (m/f)
Deadline for applications has been extended to 20th of December 2017.
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist Intern pursuing a degree or recently graduated in mathematics, statistics or computer science, or another quantitative discipline.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to improve the experience of King's 300 million+ players across our network of games and help us to further understand, model, predict, segment, monetise and retain those customers, then this may be the right opportunity for you. You will be part of the community of 80+ business intelligence & analytics experts at King, while working daily in smaller teams of 5-8 people within the studio.
As an intern, you will get a chance to dip your feet and take part of typical tasks that fill our Data Scientists' day:
* Building both large systematic reports and one-off small pieces of analysis.
* Providing on-going reporting and performance monitoring from multiple data sources.
* Working with all parts of the business to identify analytical requirements and formalize an approach for reliable, relevant, accurate, efficient reporting on those requirements.
* Translating business needs to technical requirements and implementation.
* Proactively developing new analyses and insights, to drive decisions and strategies for user acquisition, retention and monetization.
* Designing and implementing advanced statistical testing for customized problem solving.
* Debugging and problem-solving issues to ensure delivery of accurate metrics
* Supporting with scoping and prioritizing future projects.
Skills to create thrills
With a real passion for games, you will be strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics, have programming skills and an interest in drawing business insights from data. Show us that you have the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast pace and shared environment whilst communicating your findings effectively!
Other requirements include:
* Recently finished or pursuing a degree in computer science, statistics, math, analytics or equivalent (Latest completion of degree Fall 2016)
* Experience dealing with large, real-world datasets and SQL is a plus
* Experience in statistical analysis, e.g. A/B testing, predictive analytics skills
* Worked with practical applications of data analysis e.g. segmentation, visualisation
* Programming skills in languages such as Java, R, Python, etc.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
About the Berlin Studio
Based in the central borough of Berlin Mitte, this games studio is in an area brimming with history. Culture vultures will find famous sites including Brandenburger Tor and Unter den Linden on our doorstep. The beautiful Tiergarten Park is just a short walk away, as is Kreuzberg with its vintage markets and vibrant nightlife - a definite must-see spot in this melting pot of a city.
Your application must be in English. Please include a copy of your grades.
This will be a 3-6 month paid internship starting in June. We accept applications from those who have graduated no more than 18 months prior to Internship start date.