Technical Artist Intern (m/f)
Deadline for applications has been extended to 20th of December 2017.
We are looking for a talented Technical Artist Intern to join our creative teams, assisting in improving artistic workflows and working on unique features that require both technical and artistic abilities.
Your role within our Kingdom
Be a part of a highly experienced team, working closely with artists and software developers. You will be supported by our talented technical artist teams, both onsite and spanning our global internal community. We will provide you with a framework for you to develop, contribute and impress with your creativity & problem solving skills, helping us to deliver beautifully crafted experiences. The role will give you the opportunity for massive personal growth and to contribute to experiences that will be enjoyed by millions of players around the world.
Engine/Tool Design - Work with developers/game artists on Engine and Editor features, create prototypes and own production of some Photoshop/Maya tools.
Act as end user - Investigate, use, validate and stress test our Game Production toolset from the Art and Tech Art end-user perspective.
Evangelist - Facilitate the communication with the Artists to drive the feature set.
Production - Content creation, bespoke features, sample scenes, you will have the opportunity to display your creativity.
Skills to create thrills
* Good Knowledge of standard content packages (Maya/Photoshop or similar)
* Solid understanding of Programming Languages: Python/C++/C#, HLSL/GLSL
* A great problem solver with true technical and artistic creativity
* A self-starter; you're proactive/responsive/organized
* You have a passion for games
* Great communicator, you are confident in discussing artistic and technical implications
* Good understanding of the entire game development process, from concept to live product
* Fluent in English, written as spoken
* Experience in scripting and plug-in writing for Maya & Photoshop
* Experience with 3D game engines such as Unity/Unreal/Defold or similar
* Additional software: Spine/Zbrush/Illustrator
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
About the Berlin Studio
Based in the central borough of Berlin Mitte, this games studio is in an area brimming with history. Culture vultures will find famous sites including Brandenburger Tor and Unter den Linden on our doorstep. The beautiful Tiergarten Park is just a short walk away, as is Kreuzberg with its vintage markets and vibrant nightlife - a definite must-see spot in this melting pot of a city.
Your application must be in English.
This will be a 3-6 month paid internship starting in June. We accept applications from those who have graduated no more than 18 months prior to Internship start date.
Apply now! Don't forget to include a link to your portfolio.