Market & Competitive Intelligence Intern
This is an opportunity for you to join a highly valued and dynamic team that supports a range of functions across the business including strategic projects, experimentation and game design. As part of the wider Strategy team, you will enjoy working in a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your insight expertise.
Your role within our Kingdom
The Market & Competitive Intelligence team are responsible for maintaining King's view on the outside world of mobile gaming whilst discovering potential opportunities to influence our products and are arguably one of the world's leading mobile gaming analytics units.
Key requirements include very strong data analysis capabilities; being able to manipulate large datasets with granular metrics across a wide range of games and in thinking how they drive performance. You will have the ability to translate data to clearly communicate key messages to senior leadership and have a curious nature into understanding how mobile games work on a feature level.
Specifically, as M&CI Intern, you will:
* Already possess a strong knowledge of mobile gaming or have a super keen willingness to learn.
* Understand King KPIs and how they affect our business;
* Have exposure to leadership at King to discuss games that are making an impact in the market;
* Understand the key differences between geographical markets and genres to identify the key drivers for innovation and success;
* Maintain and manipulate models in Excel to identify and evaluate the competitive landscape, how King fits within this and how it may impact the company strategy;
* Understand who our key competitors are and identifying successful mechanisms in their games and break them down to understand why they work, or don't work;
* Create robust and dynamic models using various sources of data to build up a view of the competitive landscape that will assist the business with strategic objectives;
Skills to create thrills
* Enjoy working with numbers and handling large datasets;
* Passionate about data and applying an analytical mind-set partnered with a strong attention detail;
* Have a keen interest in gaming;
* On course for, or have achieved a 2.1 in an analytical degree (Engineering, Finance, Maths etc.);
* Competent in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, SUMIFs etc.);
* Competent in PowerPoint;
* Pro-active attitude, eager to learn and be a team player.
* Strong quantitative skills with proficiency in Excel/VBA and programming languages such as Python, SQL, R etc;
* Fluency in foreign languages such as Japanese or Korean potentially with existing exposure to their gaming markets;
* Experience with the 'Looker' client tool.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
About the London Studio
Our London studio is the home of our hit game Farm Heroes Saga. It's based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with vast array of classic record shops and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. And it's no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
This paid internship is due to start in June 2018. Your application must be in English. Please include your obtained/predicted grades on your CV.
The application deadline for this role is extended to Wednesday 20 December 2017.