Backend Server Engineer
Certain Affinity is the largest independent game developer in Austin, TX. We are the go-to development partner on top tier games like Halo, Call of Duty, DOOM and more. In addition, we are now working our own original IPs.
If you would like to join a studio with a great culture, top tier talent, solid work-life balance, and more than 10 years of profitability, apply now, and help Certain Affinity make truly extraordinary games.
Certain Affinity is looking to hire talented backend server programmers to join our growing microservices online team. If you love to write code and want to practice your craft on a diverse set of problems using several technologies then we’d love to hear from you.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code in Go
- Debug broken code in development and production systems
- Architect solutions that elegantly balance academic and practical approaches
- Collaborate with other engineers to solve difficult problems
- Create sensible time estimates for assigned tasks
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- 3+ years of experience building reliable, highly available and scalable online services
- Experience building in a cloud environment (ideally AWS)
- Strong relational database fundamentals, hands-on experience with non-relational/NoSQL alternatives, and solid grasp of which to use according to the situation
- Strong skills in server-side resource profiling, optimization and debugging
- Experience with designing and automating unit and load tests
- Experience with message queuing frameworks
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with third party API integration
- Experience building production-quality microservices
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, and results-oriented
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Not afraid to learn new technology and rapidly apply it in your daily work
- Experience working in video game industry, integrating online services
- Experience writing reusable APIs that other programmers want to use
- Experience building asynchronous client / server systems.
- Knowledge of Docker and container-based architectures
- Knowledge of game engine architecture
- Knowledge of enterprise software architecture
- Experience with TCP or/and UDP protocols
- Experience working with game engines such as Unreal 4