Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products, but also work on a few projects of our own, and have very interesting new projects in the works.
As a Senior Animator at Certain Affinity, you’ll be part of a creative team generating highly polished in-game animations. You will assist in the design of the project by providing pre-visualization animations for gameplay elements, as well as evolve and refine motion for characters, weapons, vehicles and environmental objects.
- Work with the Art Director, Lead Animator & Design team to visualize and integrate motion into a highly immersive world
- Lead/direct activities and implementation of animation assets
- Mentor other animators on technique and process
- Create animations in a variety of styles, from ultra-realistic mocap based movement to highly stylized hand-keyed motion depending on the needs of the project
- 4+ years’ experience in the game industry, specifically associated with character and object animation
- Understanding and application of both keyframe and performance capture animation in a real-time environment
- Experience using proprietary editors, software and tools
- Experience establishing and driving new workflows for content creation
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or related field
- Shipped 2+ titles as an animator
- Experience mentoring other artists and animators
- Strong foundational knowledge in traditional arts, including but not limited to: graphic design or illustration, life drawing, acting and cinematography.
- Expert level knowledge of Maya and/or Max, MotionBuilder or other 3D animation packages
- Expert level knowledge of Photoshop or other image editing tools
- Expert level understanding of the principals of motion as applied to characters, cameras, objects and vehicles
- Experience using proprietary editors, software and tools or other similar experience with Unreal 4, Radiant, Source Engine, etc.
- Solid grasp of performance requirements and constraints of current generation console and PC development
- Excellent understanding of animation pipelines and workflow
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills that bridge the gap between art, design, and tech
- Ability to work within predefined styles from realistic to stylized and effectively communicate this style to the rest of a team
- Solid understanding of how animation by way of performance, staging, dynamics, timing and pacing influences player response and feedback to help make a game fun and engaging
- Team player with the drive and initiative to deliver extremely high quality work within performance and time restrictions
- Must be punctual, diligent, articulate, and organized
- Must be adept at maneuvering within time constraints and multiple priorities
- Must be able to initiate visual direction without specific concept or design
- Experience managing, scheduling, critiquing work for multiple artists
- Experience in the setup, organization and performance direction of a motion capture shoot
- Experience in the application of motion as related to physical simulation of particles, fluids and other related fields
- Shipped 1+ AAA title within the last 3 years