Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Environment Artist to collaborate with a growing team of developers.
The Environment Artist will be responsible for confidently creating aesthetically pleasing environments, for a console RPG. Using their knowledge of shape and form, proportions, color and design principles, this artist will model high and low-poly objects, bake textures, export/import assets, apply materials, assemble environments, and generally: be very helpful.
- High proficiency with 3ds Max, Z-Brush and Substance Designer & Painter, with emphasis on highly realistic in-game results.
- 4-year degree form an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong High and Low poly modeling skills, with demonstrated skill in quality baking of textures.
- Awareness of Architecture, Engineering fundamentals, materials and lighting
- Knowledge of basic color theory
- 3+ years in the game industry with 1 shipped title
- Ability to rapidly master proprietary tools and development pipelines
- Ability to be resourceful and come up with creative solutions
- Passion for gaming and the games Obsidian makes
- Experience with Unreal 4
- Strong concept development skills
- Particle effects and physics asset creation and set up
- Background in Architecture, Photography or Cinematography
- Create a wide range of high quality environment art assets: props, interiors of structures and exteriors
- Model, UV Map, bake materials for environment assets
- Integrate art assets into Unreal 4
- Light exterior and interior scenes
- Collaborate: work closely with Art Director and Level Designers to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Communicate: actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem solving discussions
- Be reliable: complete work as expected under reasonable deadlines
- Be mature: have a good attitude and respect the process and others
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high quality 3D rendered samples and 2D texture art
- Examples of lit interiors/exteriors.
- A range of hard surface and organic models
- Samples from previous industry work
- Architectural Rendering Samples
- Environment Art Concept Samples
- Complex Material Examples in Unreal 4
All resumes must be accompanied with Website portfolio
Simply apply via e-mail: email@example.com
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line please
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications