Playdemic are looking for a LEGO World Model Artist to join their ambitious, fast-paced, dynamic mobile games studio in Wilmslow.
Main responsibilities include:
- Creation and In-game setup of LEGO models as required.
- Setup/Rigging of LEGO models and vehicles to fit game engine physics requirements.
- Modelling LEGO elements for inclusion in the TT LEGO Parts Library.
- Assist with maintenance of the TT LEGO Part Library.
- Optimisation of LEGO models and vehicles to support mobile platforms.
- The design and creation of textures for decals/printed elements, adhering to specific LEGO Co. design style/direction.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Keep assigned tasks organised and up to date with progress.
- Identify and enter relevant issues into JIRA, ensuring sufficient information is given.
- Creating approval sheets for internal and external review.
- Providing assets for publishing / marketing.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Provide feedback on in-house tools and scripts.
- Help maintain Wiki documentation.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Demonstrable experience working in similar position.
- Outstanding understanding of the technical requirements and limitations of providing Art for use in a Game Engine.
- In depth level of experience and proficiency in Maya and Photoshop.
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating 3D model creation.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Experience within a games studio, although we would consider industry entrants demonstrating a strong portfolio.
- Experienced in the realisation of LEGO Model Designs.
- Knowledge of LEGO themes, elements, connections and building techniques.
- Good working knowledge and proficiency in illustrator.
- Quick to learn Software and in-house tools used in development.
To apply please email a covering letter, CV and portfolio/or samples of your work to Vicky MacMillan, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org