Role: Outsource Artist
Team: UE4 Game Teams
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for an Outsource Artist to assist our art teams in the creation of our beautiful simulation experiences. This position requires an artist generalist looking to make a step up, who relishes hands on direction, management and integration of a wide range of game assets. This role is ultimately responsible for leading and collaborating with our external art partners in the creation of large-scale environments and game-ready assets.
- Manage communications and provide feedback to our art partners.
- Help maintain a strong creative relationship between our internal art team and external art teams
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of detailed documentation, visual reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support our external partners
- Works with the Lead Artist to maintain quality control over all incoming art assets. Provides detailed feedback where necessary.
- Contribute to the art generation effort by creating models and materials when required.
- Coordinate with the development manager to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Quixel and Substance Painter
- Great communicator and team player
- Must be highly organized, self-driven and customer focused
- Ability to create art assets to a high standard
- Great attention to detail
- Experience of Unreal Engine 4 & UE4 Material creation beneficial
- Good understanding of most CG techniques and technologies
- Shipped at least one PC or next-gen console title
- A passion to deliver quality simulation software
About Dovetail Games
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics. However, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.