Contract VFX Artist
Division: Arkane Studios Texas | Department: Art | Location: Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is looking for a Contract VFX Artist to join our team in developing our next title! The ideal candidate will have experience creating real time visual effects, a creative eye, and a passion for gaming.
This is a short-term contract position – Relocation assistant is not available.
- Create visual effects assets defined by the Creative Team and Lead VFX Artist as specified.
- Collaborate with the Level Designers, Environment Artists and Architects to create VFX for environments and gameplay scenarios
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and perform within defined budgets
- Proficiency with Maya or other 3D package for creating assets
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience with real-time VFX authoring tools
- Good eye for timing and motion in relation to real world physical behaviors
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Willingness to work through challenges both technical and creative
- Passion for making great games
- Demo reel required
- Experience with physics simulation tools like Houdini or FumeFX
- Ability to conceptualize and illustrate ideas
How to Apply