Senior Operations Engineer
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Programming | Location: Hunt Valley , MD, US
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Senior Operations Engineer with in-depth experience supporting online products with a focus on delivering high quality service to a large population.
- Manages a large, complex site/network
- Rapidly troubleshoots service outages using experience and other available resources
- Build and maintains automation tools
- Ensures continued stability and uptime of live and testing environments
- Works with application developers to help ensure their success
- Effectively communicates technical information to Network Operations staff members and other corporate-wide staff
- Maintains up-to-date detailed documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years of previous UNIX/Linux system administration experience in a 24/7 environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to concisely explain topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to quickly assess and prioritize
- Ability to install Linux and perform basic administrative tasks (adding accounts, adding software repos, network configuration, adding/removing disks)
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting Linux systems: knows how to respond to various issues such as high server load, lack of disk space, simple network issues, etc.
- Familiarity with some or all the following: mail servers, proxies, CI/Automation software (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.), Configuration Management software (Chef, Puppet, etc.), bash scripting
Experience writing and/or debugging Ruby or Python code. Strong preference for candidates with experience debugging code in live environments
How to Apply