Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers , based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona . We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make 2018 the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do in Social Point?
As a Lead Backend Developer you will lead a group of backend developers across one or multiple cross-functional teams and guide them towards successful project deliveries. To achieve sustainable results, you will work in collaboration and report directly to game's Technical Director on following areas:
- Define technical guidelines, best practices, workflows, automation procedures
- Define, design and develop when needed various high available software systems
- Facilitate the information about project goals or tasks and communicate them to the developers
- Determine the feasibility of the sprint features, with respect to time and cost
- Define individual and team growth goals with your developers, follow up on them in frequent face-to-face sessions and group meetings
- Participate in recruitment activities when needed
- Improve the standards of technical documentation
- Support your team members with their queries and empower them to make productive decisions
- Prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline oriented environment.
- Work with the studio tech leadership to balance shared code development in a manner ensuring success across several projects.
This is you
Professional, passionate about video games, proactive, team worker, rigorous and detail oriented. You have strong opinions on maintaining high quality work and can defend them. You like mentoring other game developers and can adapt to fast changing situations.
You also have
- Professional software development experience in a lead position
- Good understanding of collaboration with a team of senior developers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Profound and disciplined programming skills and experience in system design, architectures and best practices and techniques used in games
- Strong background in languages like Java, C#, C++, Erlang, Golang, etc...
- Experience designing and implementing complex systems with multiple parts and technologies
- Experience with application scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience with application and system orchestration: understand where you code fits within the big picture.
- Performance analysis and optimisation skills
As a SocialPointer you will enjoy...
You will count on all the resources you need for your work: the newest and most powerful devices & equipment and even a Spotify Premium account.
People development is key for us: Here you will have professional growth opportunities you have always dreamed of, supported by a performance review process, internal mobility and amazing training budgets.
We also care about our SocialPointers health, so we offer them a healthy Monday breakfast and a delicious daily lunch menu. Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym and football and basketball teams. Our physiotherapist can always help with your muscular problems!
Get to know your colleagues better in our monthly events! You can pay a visit our hairdresser to get ready ;)
If you are new in the city, you can join our Newbies Club! We offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork ;)
The list of advantages goes on and on. Join us to find out!
Do you want to level up? Press start.