Division: id Software | Department: Programming | Location: Richardson , TX, US
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a talented Technical Director to work as part of the Quake Champions team.
At id, we create definitive games powered by leading-edge technology.
The ideal candidate has an intrinsic passion for achieving the best results, the drive to support their teammates in conquering the toughest challenges in the industry, and is well-versed in the purpose and design of all game engine systems including rendering and real-time client-server multiplayer.
- Develop an understanding of the engine, middleware, and architecture choices, including their advantages and drawbacks.
- Ensure that the game is being built with the right methodology, uphold best coding practices, prepare tech briefs, perform code reviews, and pay consideration to long-term quality and future code-sharing.
- Serve as a gatekeeper of the project to ensure top-quality releases (specifically focusing on Debugging, Optimization, etc.)
- Provide technical expertise to develop leading-edge technologies from start to finish: architecture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documentation, profiling, maintenance, and support.
- Write clear, maintainable, highly-functional code and portable C++ code.
- Report the state of project technology with honesty and clarity to the team and senior leadership.
- 5+ years game industry experience including shipped multiplayer titles
- Very strong C++ design and coding experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with client/server multiplayer architectures
- Knowledge of modern rendering techniques
- Experience in building multithreaded real-time systems
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in analyzing and securing network-based protocols between a game client and game server
- Experience performing analysis and reverse engineering of exploit code, attack tools, malware samples, and other malicious content using debugging tools like IDA Pro and OllyDbg
- Knowledge of Vulkan API
How to Apply