Division: id Software | Department: Art | Location: Richardson , TX, US
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a talented Environment Artist to join our team in making AAA games.
The ideal candidate will have some experience with Next-Gen asset creation, high poly/low poly modeling, and PBR texture creation, in addition to world building knowledge. This job is a very versatile position that will use all aspects of your industry knowledge to create props, textures, and environments that stride to set the new industry standard in visuals.
- Create models, textures and set pieces, based on concept art and the need of the project.
- Work closely with the Lead, designers, and other artists to model props and world build.
- Familiarity with working on futuristic hard surface modeling
- Solid experience with world building, texturing and lighting inside a game editor such as Radiant, Unreal or comparable editor
- Solid experience in environment asset creation using contemporary, real-time rendering methods
- Understanding of modern 3D modeling packages
- Solid team player with strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Self-motivated and focused worker with good communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness to undertake technical R&D related to game environments creation
Desired Skills and Pluses:
- Familiarity with the id Software family of engines, tools and material creation
- Game industry experience
- Console development experience
- Passion for gaming, First Person Shooters in particular
- Experience using Modo
- Experience in organic prop and environment creation
- Experience with Substance Painter and Designer
About our Team
id Software, located just North of Dallas, TX, provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1991. id Software’s iconic brands such as Wolfenstein®, DOOM®, QUAKE® and RAGE® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. At id Software, everything revolves around the people; we believe in hiring the best and brightest and giving them the tools and the environment to be successful. These principles have guided us successfully for over twenty years and will continue to guide us into the future.
To learn more about id Software, please visit the studio’s official website at http://www.idsoftware.com.
How to Apply