Outsource Art Coordinator
Division: Bethesda Game Studios | Department: Art | Location: Rockville, MD & Montreal, CA
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a talented Outsource Art Coordinator to join its embedded outsourcing team. This is an art generalist position requiring hands on direction, management, and engine integration of a range of assets including characters, weapons, and environments.
The ideal candidate would have strong art direction and leadership skills to be able to manage, art direct, and provide detailed feedback to external art vendors. They must also be an experienced and flexible artist, able to build blockout models, do paint and sculpt-overs, put final touches on textures and models and implement final art assets. Finally, they coordinate with production and art leads to build relationships, and help identify art needs.
- Manage communications and provide feedback to artists, and help maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generate detailed documentation, visual reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Own the quality control over all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Personally create high quality models, materials, environments when needed.
- Implement approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Coordinate with the outsource manager to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Zbrush, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Strong character, weapon, and environment modeling experience and skills
- Clear and concise communications, leadership, and people skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Arts, or 3D Design a plus
- Experience and passion for playing Bethesda Game Studios games
How to Apply