We are looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communication and project management skills. The ideal candidate must have prior experience in game development and has a keen knowledge of how each discipline operates and interacts with one another. Self-direction and follow-up skills are essential, as well as the ability to anticipate Development issues and determine alternative solutions. The candidate must be passionate about game development as well as the challenge of delivering games on time to a very high quality.
This candidate is expected to perform service tasks such as streamlining communication, building strong working relationships with all departments, understanding and anticipating stakeholder needs. Additionally they are expected to help define the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product and high level customer requirements and assist with coordination between product and service teams to meet our company strategies and goals.
- Liaise with different departments to facilitate communication.
- Accountable for management & facilitation of relationships with external Publishing or territorial licensing partners.
- Effectively and regularly report progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
- Ensures necessary steps are taken to resolve issues which may impede progress or compromise project's objectives.
- Facilitate meetings to reach decisions effectively.
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of Development staff to ensure that project tasks are completed on time.
- Define initial project scope and delivery schedules; manages day-to-day project schedules and motivates team towards a common project goal
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved.
- Initiate or implement development process improvements to achieve efficiencies.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure project forward momentum.
- Work with other Producers to facilitate creative, business and organizational tasks as necessary.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A passion for video games, video game development, and the video game industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communications skills.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a Videogame / Software Producer.
- At least one title shipped in a Producer role.
- Able to facilitate and mediate between all staff and teams.
- Experience managing teams and delivering products on time.
- Excellent presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to influence others
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results.
- Knowledge of software development process, project management, and performance management.
- Awareness and understanding of key genres, industry trends and upcoming technologies.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Internal Production experience with a developer or an internal development studio for a Publisher.
- High level of self-confidence with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, peers and business partners.
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional teams.
- Skilled in risk assessment/management.
- Well-versed in project management software & an ability to adapt to a range of software.
- At least one project shipped from start to finish in a Producer leadership capacity.
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.