About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4.
We're currently expanding our team for exciting new projects with our partner Wargaming, and are looking for superstars to help us make them happen.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running. Come join us!
Splash Damage is looking for a Brand Manager to lead the charge on Dirty Bomb and the studio's own external identity as Splash Damage grows into a driving force in the global gaming industry.
Working under the Associate Marketing Director, you'll manage the global strategy to keep our games relevant and grow our player base through your knowledge of business analytics and strong sense of brand positioning.
As the owner of our brands, you'll drive their creative development by leading a small team consisting of Social Media Manager, Community Manager and Associate PR Manager, and work with the Art and Video Leads to produce strong and engaging key art, packaging, advertising media and trailers.
What we want you to do
- Help to lead the global brand strategy for Dirty Bomb and the studio, coordinating with the development team and partners on product vision, strategy and business goals.
- Lead and develop a small team that includes PR, Social Media Management and Community Management, ensuring that their work is always on-brand and supporting the brand strategy.
- Work with the Marketing Art Lead and the Marketing Video Lead to manage creative asset development, including key art, digital advertising creative, social media, packaging and promotional merchandise, ensuring they align with the overall brand strategy and are delivered on time.
- Manage relationships with external partners and help to develop co-marketing beats, produce physical merchandise, and build the maximum amount of exposure for Dirty Bomb and the studio.
- Work with the analytics team to identify game and player trends to drive business recommendations.
- Deliver post-campaign analysis and return on investment on individual brand campaigns, analysing brand & market performance.
- Manage the Dirty Bomb Steam Store front, keeping it fresh and up to date, while testing approaches to art and copy that will lead to an increase in engagement.
- Generate new solutions that contribute to Brand evolution. Ask questions and challenge the status quo. Contribute to a culture of creativity and idea generation.
Skills you will need
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field required. MBA preferred.
- The ability to positively lead and grow a small team, providing guidance, empowerment and a clear path towards improvement.
- At least three years product marketing experience in the games industry, with demonstrated track record of planning & executing creative marketing programs on a global level.
- In-depth knowledge of the PC Video Game market and Steam, preferably with a passion for multiplayer PC shooter games.
- Understanding of games-as-a-service, virtual goods and emerging technologies and trends.
- Attention to detail in producing and reviewing copy that is snappy, engaging and on-brand.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication/presentation skills, and a proven ability to work collaboratively across internal, external and international teams.
- A strong foundational understanding of both consumer research and business analytics.
- Preferred experience with user acquisition or retention marketing, with a focus on data analysis, campaign optimization, and reporting.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, extremely organized and detail-oriented
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children (Equivalent of £1500 a year)
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership (Worth up to £720 a year)
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service (at its lowest offered employees £250)
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.