Welcome to Rovio!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Game Product Manager/Game Economy Designer to join our successful Puzzle Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio is the established and passionate team behind the successful Angry Birds Pop, Angry Birds Blast and newly launched and soaring Angry Birds Match. Our vision is to reinvent the puzzle category by creating games where time to fun is measured in seconds, but that will turn into years long hobbies with deep and immersive meta games and dynamic social gameplay. We are a team first organization where you’ll find openness, candid feedback and a shared ambition to succeed to be at the very core of our DNA as a studio. True to the Nordic culture we pride ourselves in real life/work balance and strongly support personal growth and hunger for learning.
This is a senior role in the studio, and while we are more than happy to help diverse candidates make the step up, you will need some mixture of experience, aptitude and passion in four key areas.
You have vision. We are on a mission to reinvent casual puzzle games. You are fluent in number of casual and mid core social game systems and mechanics but have critical thinking to know when to improvise and come up with something new. Help us define what our audience wants, what creates true emotional connection to the games we make, to make our players to think about the game even when they are not playing it.
You are intellectually curious. You absorb new knowledge every day, and see new challenges as learning opportunities. You share our passion to take the casual social gaming to next level by providing deeper gameplay experiences, and for that you want to understand human psychology and social dynamics to really tick players intrinsic social motivations and needs. You are player-focused, number savvy: your left brain loves numbers, your right brain can find creative uses for them, but your whole brain loves gaming. You have a natural inclination towards critical thinking and problem-solving.
You are to the point. Your verbal and written communications are crisp and clear; your best work comes from a place of collaboration and teamwork, and you know that quality results come from sharing your work and perspective with others throughout the design process. We expect you to have strong opinions, but always to engage in fruitful discussions about them.
You continuously improve yourself and people around you. When you speak, you speak persuasively, and people want to listen; you frequently help co-workers focus on the right things, mentor others in game economy and monetization design, and push products in order to avoid mistakes and find opportunities. We want someone who wants to develop and grow as a big part of a great, diverse team and help create a fantastic culture that makes amazing mobile F2P games.
You'll fit in our flock if you want to:
- Create a shared vision of redefining casual puzzle game category
- Achieve both creative and commercial success in mobile F2P
- Continuously learn and keep improving
You’ll be working on this:
- Work closely with the Game Designer and development team to ensure compelling and deep game f2p systems and Games as a Service practices
- Define, design and manage key game features that further the overall strategic vision of the product including maximizing acquisition, engagement and monetization, (e.g. character progression, itemization, rewards, meta-systems and overall systemic cross-pollination & balancing)
- Define the KPIs that measures the health of the game economy and monetization, work with the team to tune and balance the F2P systems and game economy
- Plan and run A/B tests, analyze data together with the data analysts and provide metric driven approaches to improve game development and live operations, build top down and bottom up models to make informed decisions on planned product features
- Conduct and communicate in-depth analysis of in-game economy trends using data insights and strong business acumen to impact top line KPIs
- Track and develop expert level understanding of the mobile gaming industry, including developing ability to qualitatively and quantitatively teardown mobile games.
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Solid commercial experience as a Product Manager in F2P game development, delivery of at least one game through the entire life cycle
- Experience in successfully running event-driven live ops
- Deep experience in creating and managing highly balanced game systems, progression and player-driven economies
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills and experience with data-driven decision-making
- Experience with structured, hypothesis driven product improvements, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights and design experimentation
- Mad Excel skills, ability to create models and simulators for F2P economies
- Ability to effectively communicate both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders
We want the best team, not necessarily the best individuals, so we’re looking for team members who want to work on problems worth solving. If you’re wondering if you should apply or not, we hope you do.
Send your application over now - we look forward to hearing from you!