About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4.
We're currently expanding our team for exciting new projects and are looking for superstars to help us make them happen.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running. Come join us!
As a Production Tester, you will play a key part in ensuring our projects are free of game breaking bugs. Working perfectly in tune with the development and production teams, you'll understand each and every game feature and communicate effectively to external test teams for optimal coverage. Alongside Production, you will also be working closely with developers from all disciplines to ensure that features are implemented on time and in a shippable state.
- Establishing and running daily test cases for internal and external use
- Reporting, managing and tracking bugs via our bug tracking system
- Performing regression testing and verifying fixes
- Ensuring tests are completed in accordance with project deadlines
- Providing feedback and suggestions for improvements to the game
- Monitoring our forums for player reported issues, and escalating accordingly
- Ensuring that all bugs are recorded in a clear and consistent format, keeping with the standard required of our testers
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experienced co-op and competitive player of PC and Console games
- Passionate about Multiplayer/PVP, including vehicle based gameplay
- Previous game testing experience with a developer or publisher
- Ability to plan and prioritize work within tight time constraints in a high pressure environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow technical instructions
- Team-oriented and professional when dealing with other members of the company and community if required
- Flexibility in regard to hours of work (If required the job holder will be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays if necessary)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 18 months experience within the games industry
- Good understanding of the Jira bug tracking process and software involved
- Good knowledge of PC software and hardware
- Computer games technology degree or similar related degree
- Player focused
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.