About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're now working on several high-profile projects on PC and console, and looking for talented designers to help make them great.
We are looking for a Level Designer with extensive experience on campaign missions in 1 st /3 rd person shooter games, who has a passion for the Gears of War franchise. Duties include creating dynamic levels and encounters, being an evangelist for level design, and participating in level design meetings. The ideal candidate will have proven experience and ability to create a vision for levels and help drive them to completion.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- The ability to work collaboratively with design, engineering, art, animation, vfx, audio and QA to execute on the vision for a level.
- Responsible for the prototyping, conceptualisation, building, scripting and tuning of single player campaign levels for the game.
- Invent and integrate events and gameplay mechanics based on narrative requirements.
- Share your creativity, knowledge and best practices with other level designers.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Must have 2+ years of industry experience working on 1 AAA current gen or last gen (PS3 / Xbox 360) console or PC title.
- Experience of level-building using 3D level editing tools (knowledge of the Unreal editor is highly desirable).
- Experience of prototyping maps and environmental mechanics using UE4, UE3, Unity, or similar.
- Experience in designing and building fun, engaging single-player levels for 1 st /3 rd person shooters.
- A good ability to articulate and communicate level designs.
- Knowledge of gameplay event scripting and entity setup using visual scripting tools like Kismet or Blueprints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience writing and maintaining high quality design documentation.
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.