About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4.
We're currently expanding our team for exciting new projects and are looking for superstars to help us make them happen.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running. Come join us!
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Art Director to help us build stunning and inspiring art for an upcoming title. You'll be inspiring the team and maintaining the quality bar while collaborating with Art direction and Design to ensure the game looks great and plays fantastic. You will help establish the vision for the game and you will be a key point of contact for our world-leading development partners.
As a Splash Damage Lead Artist, you will:
- Drive the visual quality in collaboration with the Project Directors and Leads
- Motivate the art team ensuring they keep the artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style
- Manage the art team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team's welfare and providing mentoring
- Collaborate with production and discipline Leads on project planning, workflows and visual direction
Essential Skills and Experience
- Management, including concept, character, environment and technical artists, animators and VFX disciplines
- Planning, including creating and maintaining roadmaps, workflows and documentation
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and visual design (including understanding of composition and colour)
- Good artistic knowledge of game development workflows and pipelines (Modelling, Mapping, Texturing and World Building)
- Passionate about world building and gameplay
- Multiple shipped AAA games
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.