- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work;
- Use practical solutions to implement feature requests;
- Ensure coding standards are followed;
- Be aware of technical constraints for systems / features;
- Write clear and well-structured code using the appropriate data structure and algorithms while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and architectural requirements;
- Include comments in the code and document implemented features;
- Code incrementally and take care not to break existing features;
- Carry out regular functional check-ins, to progressively integrate development into the shared code base;
- Ensure that code changes are fully tested by yourself and involving quality control when appropriate;
- Follow relevant check-in procedures;
- Stay up-to-date with state-of-the-art technology;
- Take part in code review with peers;
- Support the Lead Programmer in any ad-hoc duties and requests.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development;
- Basic knowledge of engine or middleware and associated pipeline;
- Basic understanding of speed and memory considerations;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good analytical and synthesis skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent;
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and source control is desirable.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.