Senior F2P Game Designer – Prague, Czech Republic
Is game design your second language? Are you fun to be around? Can you pitch your ideas with the same bang even on the second day? Are you a team player with a healthy sense of responsibility? And most importantly, do you like delicious food and beer?
If your answer is “yes” to all of the above, you are exactly who we're looking for! We're About Fun, a Prague-based game developer. Together with EA and Chillingo we are the name behind WarFriends; a competitive, real-time online shooter that’s been taking its share of the gaming community across mobile platforms. And we're looking for fighters to join our ranks.
What will be your job?
- Create entertaining and highly accessible innovative game systems and features that lead to high player engagement
- Balance existing game content and features and propose (with a team of other designers and analysts) monetization designs that best fit our target group and business model
- Create prototypes to test game features and deliver an optimized user experience for mobile devices
- Be up-to-date on new trends and practices in the (mobile) game industry
Nothing comes for free, so here's what we've got to offer you:
- Work on awesome, world-class gaming projects (this is what we've got so far, and there's much more to come: our games)
- The opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
- A competitive salary, flexible working hours and the possibility to work as a full-time employee or contractor
- 25 days of paid holiday
- Free dinner and beer twice a month at a company gaming night
- Your own spot in a young, international and creative team, side-by-side with new talents as well as game development veterans
- All the required help with relocation to the Golden City of Prague. Come and enjoy the vibrant nightlife, superb parks, and world famous architecture of one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- Work in a pleasant environment of our modern offices located in a high-spirited game hub of Prague, a few steps away from the city centre and river.
Finally, what we'd like you to bring us?
- Demonstrable experience in designing free-to-play mobile games
- Passion for the design of F2P games
- Experience with designing coherent game systems that will be easily understandable as well as solid and deep
- Great skills in creating accessible user experience for mobile users
- Enthusiasm about the gaming industry and a understanding what works and does not work for a specific player group
- Willingness and eagerness to learn new things and expand your knowledge
- Experience in balancing game content from at least one released title
- Proven ability to design and further improve F2P monetization features
If efficient game design, gaming nights and doing awesome things in a team of amazing people sound like the next step in your career, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We're looking forward to meeting you!
About Fun, the company where Everybody Matters!