We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team as a Localisation Assistant. The successful candidate will be a native speaker of Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese with a good knowledge of the other. You’ll also need to be passionate about delivering a high-quality local experience for our games. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with an interest in games to help continue to make our AAA titles accessible to our global community.
- Translate marketing and in-game text from English into native language
- Work with external vendors and the community to source translations supporting all the current languages in our current and future games
- Perform quality checks on the translated text
- Work closely with multiple departments to resolve issues
- Provide language support to other departments as needed (e.g. player support and community engagement).
- A passion for languages and a positive attitude
- Problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail
- Keen gamer
- Ability to cope with change and perform well in a fast-paced environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Native speaker of Spanish or (Brazilian) Portuguese, and good knowledge of the other
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in English and in their working languages.
- Formal qualification in translation, linguistics or creative writing
- Previous industry experience in videogames or localisation.