We are seeking to recruit a Pre-Visualisation Artist on a 12 month fixed term contract to join our successful Cinematic Animation team in Wilmslow. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work on high profile projects, creating fun cinematics with a talented and creative team. We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated team players who respond well to direction and feedback, can work to deadlines, and who can communicate ideas in a creative environment.
As well as experienced previs artists, this position would suit graduate film makers, or those with equivalent experience, and individuals with experience as camera operators and/or photographers with a strong interest in film making.
We welcome enquiries from candidates within and outside of the games industry who are able to demonstrate their skills and experience in the following:
- A solid appreciation of cinematic storytelling conventions, including camera technique and terminology, grammar, composition, staging and continuity.
- Good working knowledge of Maya including basic animation and the ability to model and texture simple 3d props, vehicles and environments to populate scenes.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Basic understanding of 3d animation pipeline.
- Basic understanding of photography principles, such as Depth of field.
To apply, please send your CV, covering letter and online showreel/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org