We are looking to recruit a 3D Character Artist at Playdemic, and this position will be based in Wilmslow.
If you want to create games for millions of players to enjoy on the go, then this is the job you've been looking for.
We're seeking an experienced, 3D Character Artist to join our dedicated and dynamic team in delivering world leading, mass market, free to play games targeted at the top of the grossing and download charts.
You will be an experienced, passionate and extremely creative individual who takes your career as a game artist seriously. You will also be able to communicate your ideas well both verbally and in writing, taking pride in seeing your ideas come to fruition.
Reporting to the Game Producer and Creative Director you must be adaptable and open to critical review.
Core Skills & Experience
- In depth level of experience using 3ds Max (or Maya, but with a willingness to switch), to include modelling, texturing, lighting and rendering.
- Experience with character rigging (Biped, CAT, or High quality rig set ups) and skinning.
- Experience with keyframe animation on Biped, CAT, or High quality rig set ups.
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating 3D character creation.
- Ability to deliver fun/cartoon style in-game and cutscene animations.
- Good understanding of animation principles - posing, weight and timing.
- Strong knowledge of anatomy and movement.
- Experience within a games studio, although we would consider graduates and industry entrants demonstrating a strong portfolio.
- Strong skillset in traditional 2D sketching, drawing and painting is beneficial.
- Knowledge of the particle system.
To apply, please send your CV, covering letter and a link to your online show reel/portfolio to Vicky MacMillan, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org