We are looking to recruit a 3D Environment Artist at Playdemic, and this position will be based in Wilmslow.
If you want to create games for millions of players to enjoy on the go, then this is the job you've been looking for.
We're seeking an experienced, 3D Environment Artist to join our dedicated and dynamic team in delivering world leading, mass market, free to play games targeted at the top of the grossing and download charts.
You will be an experienced, passionate and extremely creative individual who takes your career as a game artist seriously. You will also be able to communicate your ideas well both verbally and in writing, taking pride in seeing your ideas come to fruition.
Reporting to the Game Producer and Creative Director you must be adaptable and open to critical review.
Core Skills & Experience
- Good level of experience using 3ds Max (or Maya, but with a willingness to switch).
- Experience of Photoshop.
- Can demonstrate a portfolio with examples of 3D environment creation.
- Experience making textures by using hand painting and photo editing techniques.
- 3D modelling and UV layout suited to mobile platform, efficient use of limited polys and textures.
- Sketching ability to demonstrate ideas/concepts/explain processes.
- Good understanding of lighting/colour theory.
- Experience within a games studio, although we would consider graduates and industry entrants demonstrating a strong portfolio.
- Strong skillset in traditional 2D sketching, drawing and painting is beneficial.
- Understanding of shader design/implementation.
To apply, please send your CV, covering letter and a link to your online show reel/portfolio to Vicky MacMillan, Recruiter at email@example.com